Geneva, Switzerland. – The Innovation Forum for Transforming Key Sectors in Europe and Central Asia. Organised by the FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations) and the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) was held virtually on 23 September 2021, within the framework of the ITU Regional Innovation Forum for Europe-Asia 2021.
Within this forum, the Spanish startup BrioAgro has been selected in the category of “Agricultural innovation systems and sustainable agriculture” due to its good practices of water use in agriculture, applied by its robotics in irrigation, given the trend of water scarcity in the world. The Honourable Mention, with which it has been distinguished, joins the award received a few months ago by EIT Food, as the most outstanding startup to solve the challenge of water scarcity in southern Europe. In this way, the Andalusian startup, adds recognitions in more and more frontiers.
This edition of the ITU Regional Innovation Forum for Europe and Central Asia has brought together regional stakeholders to share knowledge and provide much-needed opportunities for leaders and innovators from all sectors to pioneer new approaches, share best practices and promote these new solutions.
- Category 1: Regulatory frameworks / Enhanced market access / Financial services and insurance
- Category 2: Capacity Development and Empowerment
- Category 3: Agricultural innovation systems and sustainable agriculture – Agricultural automation, robots, drones
- Category 4: Agricultural innovation systems and sustainable agriculture – Specific solutions
- Category 5: Agricultural innovation systems and sustainable agriculture – Connected farm management systems
- Category 6: Disaster risk management and early warning systems
- Category 7: Food Loss and Waste / Food Security and Traceability
A total of 200 solutions from 18 different countries were submitted for this edition, with 21 of them standing out in the 7 categories in which each solution was judged:
You can watch the ceremony, which was recorded live on YouTube: