BrioAgro has been the first startup chosen by @wbaforum to be invested, within the World Business Angels Investment Forum, held on February 17 and 18 in Istanbul, Turkey.
Out of a total of 100 startups, 13 were given the opportunity to participate in the Global Fundraising Stage (GFRS), during the World Business Angels Investment Forum (WBAF) 2020, representing 42 countries.
The GFRS is an international joint investment platform for investors, start-ups and scale-ups (high-growth companies), and aims to build a high-quality client portfolio with some emerging and high-growth companies participating in the event.
Since its creation in 2015, BrioAgro has been the first startup chosen on many occasions, such as the Impúlsame accelerator from Mairena del Alcor, Seville, Andalusia. The agri-food accelerator Orizont, in Tudela, Navarra and recently BrioAgro has also been the first startup chosen by the first cooperative in Spain, Grupo AN, to solve the challenge of its agricultural digitization, highlighting above all the implementation of intelligent irrigation solutions adapted to its extensive portfolio of irrigated crops.
What is the World Congress of WBAF?
is the largest event for financial investors in early and growth phase startups. It is a unique opportunity not only for Business Angels and Venture Capital to exchange ideas on best practices but also for industry and businesses seeking new connections and business opportunities.
For the first time, the WBAF has offered a unique opportunity to 100 selected start-ups and scale-ups to present their companies during the Global Fund Raising Stage (GFRS) of the 2020 WBAF World Congress.
WBAF 2020 provides an established platform for Private Equity Funds, wealth management companies, Family Offices, banks, stock exchanges, science and technology parks, a whole series of innovation agents with the aim of developing a global network of investment agents. brightest innovation.
Those companies that make it to the GFRS get the opportunity to meet the best ‘angel investors’ and take advantage of their investments as well as their mentoring services.
The WBAF, known as the ‘Davos’ of initial investments and capital markets , hosted hundreds of participants from 92 countries and 132 international speakers in 24 panels, including angel investors, venture capitalists, policy makers, entrepreneurs and leaders. business.
The event has been developed over 7 thematic summits:
- Global Women Leaders Summit
- Global StartUps Summit
- Angel Investors Summit
- CEO INVESTORS Summit
- FINTECH Summit
- Science, Technology & Innovation Summit
- FDI Summit
BrioAgro Tech, is a startup born in Mairena del Alcor, Seville, and after being selected in Orizont, it moved its address to the Agrifood Innovation Nursery in Tudela, Navarra, so it is established in Andalusia and Navarra.
The media and social networks have picked up this news:
- Istanbul to Host World Congress of Angel Investors 2020 FTN News
- Diez startups de Andalucía acuden con Extenda al congreso WBAF en Estambul Europapress – 19/02/2020
- Málaga acude al Foro Mundial de Business Angels para atraer inversiones a la ciudad 20minutos – 18/02/2020
- Diez startups andaluzas acuden con Extenda al World Congress of Angel Investors 2020-WBAF La Vanguardia – 19/02/2020
- Diez startups andaluzas acuden con Extenda al congreso WBAF en Estambul Agenda de la Empresa – 19/02/2020
- 13 startups stepped forward in the World Angel Investment Forum / Dünya Melek Yatırım Forumu’nda 13 startup öne çıktı Diario Turco Haberler – 20/02/2020
- En el Escenario Global para la Recaudación de Fondos resaltaron 13 empresas emergentes De entre un total de 1.456 solicitudes de todo el mundo, 100 empresas emergentes de 42 países habían sido elegidas. – Agencia Anadolu – 21/02/2020
- La empresa Brioagro de la primera edición de la aceleradora impulsame premio del Foro Muldial de Business Angels Mairena del Alcor – 25/02/2020
- La empresa Brioagro se alza con el premio del Foro Mundial de Inversión de Business Angels Empresa Exterior – 25/02/2020